Douglas fir is straight grained and resilient, with high strength-to-weight ratio. Its light golden-orange color is set off by a remarkably straight grain pattern, making it a premium building product specified by architects, engineers and builders for a wide range of construction applications. Dimensional Douglas Fir products are used in both heavy and light construction where the wood is valued for its appearance, such as exposed timbers, shelving, decking, paneling, siding, fences and boxes. Doug fir is also valued for its dimensional stability, strength and high specific gravity which provides excellent nail-holding capability. The wood will also ”redden“ over time when exposed to light, and it machines to an exceptionally smooth, glossy surface.
• Common applications include: ground and/or above ground contact such as decking joists, posts and railings, floor plates, interior framing, permanent wood foundations, fencing pickets, posts and rails. Outdoor projects such as picnic tables, swing sets, mailboxes and landscaping.
• Doug Fir
• #2 or better, Premium grade
• Available KD (kiln dried)
• Preservative pressure treated to 0.6 protection level
• Available dimensions: 2”x4” to 2”x12”, multiple board lengths